Have you ever killed two birds with one stone? Or perhaps two stones with one bird? Stubborn belly fat is controlled by two types of fat; visceral (The fat you can see falling around your waistband) and subcutaneous (The fat that wraps around your organs, and is even more dangerous) – so here are 5 tips to help eliminate both types of belly fat!
1. Pop Some Popcorn: By snacking on a cup of kernels, you are reaping the benefits of 9 grams of whole grains, in just 30 calories. This is of course, regular popcorn, without excess butter or salt. Pop up a snack, and enjoy.
2. Pepper It Up: By adding black pepper to your meals, you are getting a healthy dose of piperine. What in the world is Piperine? Piperine has been shown to interfere with the production of new fat cells, due to reaction called adipogenesis, which can reduce body fat, waistline, and lower cholesterol.
3. Put Down The Coffee: Pick up some green tea, instead. Drinking coffee or green tea in the morning can give you a nice boost for the day, but that’s about where the similarities end. Drinking 4-5 cups of green tea has been shown to burn adipose tissue, particularly in the belly area, while drinking that much coffee can actually have the opposite effect.
4. Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate: Just make sure it’s the dark breed. Eating some dark chocolate from time-to-time is actually good for you, as long as it is at least 70% cacao. This dark chocolate has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which is good for your heart and your waistline.
5. Cut The Grease: Instead of using heavy cooking oils and grease, swap out for healthy omega oils, such as coconut oil. Coconut oil may actually be the healthiest thing in your kitchen, and certainly worth a special trip to the grocery store. In addition to not raising your cholesterol, it is more likely to turn into energy, as opposed to fat.