You want to eat healthy and tasty food, right? Take a look at this list of must haves for your fridge or pantry.
Some foods are so healthy that you will find them in virtually every habitually healthy persons kitchen.
Here are 12 superstars of delicious food that healthy people eat.
- Eggs: Beaten, boiled, over easy or deviled is just fine. Eggs are an excellent source of protein, amino acids and vitamins.
- Peanut Butter: A great source of protein and vitamin E. Go for the natural variety to get zero trans fat, plus you may find it tastes much better.
- Tomatos: In each juicy bite of tomato there is an abundance of lycopene an excellent antioxidant which has been shown to benefit the heart and other organs.
- Pears: This juicy fruit has approximately 25% of the daily value of fiber and a great source of Vitamin C. To reap all the benefits, don’t forget the skin.
- Salmon: An excellent source of protein, omega-3 and Vitamin D, this fish shines on the health food stage.
- Broccoli: Quite frankly one of the best foods you can eat. High in fiber, and vitamins.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains are unrefined and haven’t had their bran and germ removed by milling. Whole grains are great sources of fiber and other important nutrients.
- Avocados: Rich in healthy fats, fiber and folate which has been shown to prevent heart disease.
- Garlic: Containing allicin, garlic possesses anti-inflammatory properties and can inhibit the growth of bacteria.
- Beans: Eating just four servings of beans or other legumes each week can lower your risk of heart disease by 22%. Beans are also a good source of protein and fiber.
- Yogurt: An excellent source of calcium and B vitamins and a healthy bacteria to help boost your immune system. Choose Greek yogurt for a real protein boost.
- Oatmeal: A great way to start your day. High in fiber, omega-3, folate and potassium, oatmeal can lower your LDL (bad cholesterol) and keep your arteries clear. Remember to choose the whole grain option. Bonus Tip: Add your favorite flavor of GreenTeaHP for a flavor all your own.
Mix, Match and Combine to create your own healthy favorites.