There are healthy foods and there are unhealthy foods.
Natural. Processed. Organic.
Foods for weight loss and foods for fitness.
Figuring out what you should be eating, and when can be a daunting task.
Today, let’s look specifically at some of the best things you can eat before and after your workout.
Here they are. The top 5 foods fitness experts eat:
- Whole Grains: Yes, carbs. Complex carbohydrates are one of the best things you can eat before a workout, because they deliver a consistent and lasting stream of energy.
Try whole grain cereal or bagel.
- Berries: Just a handful of raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries has a huge amount of antioxidants which can protect the body from damage caused during exercise.
Tip: The darker the berry, the more nutrient rich.
- Carrots: Chock full of complex carbohydrates for energy, and potassium to control blood pressure, these are a fantastic pre or post workout food.
An entire cup of carrots has less than 100 calories.
- Salmon: Recent studies show that Omega-3 fats, found abundantly in salmon will shrink abdominal fat.
Salmon is also widely regarded for its benefits to heart health.
- Chocolate Milk: Forget all of the expensive post workout drinks. Calcium, vitamins, minerals, and everything that make milk such a great food are just the start. Add cocoa, and you have a near perfect recovery drink.
Bonus: Feeling like a kid again, with a big glass of chocolate milk.
Eating well is not overly complicated. Eating well is not an artform.
Eating well is as simple as educating yourself on making the best decisions for what you’re trying to accomplish.
Don’t forget your favorite Green Tea HP flavors, twice a day, every day.