Winter has waned. Spring is springing. Summer summons. That means any goals or resolutions you set for the new year, are still going strong, right? Right?
Many people give up on resolutions simply because the goals they set are too high, or unrealistic.
You don’t need to change your entire life to become healthier this year.
Instead just make a few small adjustments in your day-to-day life.
Here are 8 of our favorites:
- Ditch Soda: Yes, this means diet soda also.
- Water First: The first thing you should do in the morning is have a glass of water. The second thing you should do is commit to having another glass before each meal. This will keep your body hydrated and kickstart the digestive process.
- Eat Early: You know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but if you are looking to get the best start to your day, and kickstart your metabolism, you need to have a good amount of protein, and a minimum amount of sugar. Have a couple eggs, and a yogurt for a high octane boost to your day.
- Make-And-Take: Your own healthy snacks.
- Swap Your Oils: Try alternatives to heavier oils like canola or vegetable oils, and try lighter oils, such as olive, avocado, or coconut oil.
- The Better Butter: Regular peanut butter is loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats.
- Go Fish: Fish are a great source of protein and other heart healthy nutrients. Some fish also have Omega-3 fatty acids, which protect against heart disease and stroke.
- Get More Vegetable Protein: Nuts, Beans, even tofu are great sources of plant protein.
*Bonus: Drink Green Tea HP twice a day, every day. Start right now!
You don’t need to be perfect. You can slip up.
Just move forward. Find your goals, and reach for them.