As humans, we often complicate life. Yes, you too.
To simplify is to better understand.
When we break weight loss down to it’s core components, it is all about how many calories you take in vs. how many you burn.
So, if you keep doing what you’re doing, with the exception of a few tweaks, you will see change.
Here are 20 simple ways to cut 250 calories in a day.
- A Better Breakfast: You know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Now, make it hearty and healthy. Try a couple eggs and some veggies to shed calories and charge your day.
- Re-Energize Your Morning Drink: That latte you order each morning may have around 300 calories per cup, while a cup of green tea comes in under 10.
- Measure Your Cereal: If you’re not currently measuring, you may be surprised how much more than the suggested serving you are actually eating.
- Cut The Cheese: No, seriously. Cut out cheese from your deli sandwiches or burgers. Spread some hummus instead.
- Don’t Clean Your Plate: Yes, your parents were wrong. Eat until you’re satisfied, and leave at least a few bites at the end of your meal. This also has a positive psychological effect.
- Toss The Candy Bowl: If you have one, toss it, if you pass one at the office everyday, do your best to avoid, or at the very least, take just enough to get you by.
- Take A Hike: A breath-taking, half hour hike will easily rid you of 250 calories.
- Go For A Ride: An easy-going 30 minute bike ride will shed right around 250 calories.
- No More Soda: Seriously, soda is terrible for you, in every way imaginable. Empty calories and a wasteful load of sugar.
- Un-Sweeten Your Happy Hour: A typical margherita boasts up to 450 calories PER DRINK! Ask your barkeep for a slimdown version of your favorite cocktail. Better yet, enjoy a nice glass of wine.
- Smuggle Popcorn: Next time you head to the theatre, take your own popcorn, and avoid several hundred calories.
- Muffin Stop: A chocolate chip muffin contains about 600 calories. You’d be better served with an iced donut, clocking in at 250 calories. Although, we still say have a banana.
- Put Down The Energy Bar: Go for a stick of string cheese to save a couple hundred calories, and a bunch of sugar.
- Share Your Sweetness: When you go out to eat, go ahead and get that dessert, but split it, and the extra calories with your dinner date.
- Get Greeky: Next time you make mashed potatoes, swap the butter for plain Greek yogurt. Not only does it save calories, but it makes for a tasty dish.
- Souper Lunch: Eat your soup, but aim for broth-based soups, instead of higher calories cream varieties.
- Play Video Games: Become a kid again, by playing active video games. You may already have them in your house, they are games which require you to get up and dance, or exercise.
- Clean Up: Doing housework or yard work can burn around 250 calories in under 45 minutes. Now, go mow the lawn!
- Strike Out: Take the family out bowling and enjoy burning 300 calories along the way.
- Bunless Wins: When you order your deli sandwich, ask if a whole grain tortilla is available instead of high-calorie bread.
When it comes to weight loss, it really is all about the basics. You need to burn more calories each day than you consume. If you are able to cut just a nominal 250 calories each day, you will notice a difference in how you look and feel.