We have some simple solutions that do not require spending hours in the gym every day, or drastically changing your diet.
When we say simple, we mean it.
Take a look at these 21 tips and let us know if you have any to add.
1. Sleep It Off: A good night’s sleep is essential to a healthy lifestyle. Even if 8 hours each night is more of a dream than a reality, it is a goal you should shoot for. When you do hit the pillow, make sure you are in a dark quiet room. Turn off the TV, the radio, and the lights.
2. Eat Breakfast: Starting your day with a well-balanced breakfast is the perfect start to a healthy day. Eating a breakfast with protein, fats, and carbs will help you feel energized all day long, as well as regulation your blood sugar and keeping you clear of the vending machine at work.
3. Walk On: Taking a stroll around the house or the office a few times a day will have dramatic effects on your physical and mental well-being. It perks up both your heart and your brain.
4. Drink Green Tea: The wonder beverage that is green tea is rich in catechins; antioxidants which can boost your metabolism to ramp-up your fat burning processes. Green tea can also help fight off disease and keep your body in top form.
5. H.I.I.T.: High Intensity Interval Training – This sounds much more menacing than it actually is. HIIT is just a great way to do cardio. In just 20-30 minutes, 2 to 2 times a week, you can scorch fat, and increase “feel good” endorphins to help beat stress.
6. Make Time For Friends: Spending time with a good group of friends can have dramatic effects on you, both mentally and physically. Warding off heart disease and depression.
7. Drink Up: Water is essential to everything… literally. From keeping you hydrated to flushing out toxins, water is something you should never skimp on. As a general rule, you should drink your body weight in ounces of water each day. For example, if you weigh 150 lbs, you should drink 150 ounces of water.
8. Eat Fresh Berries: Full of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, berries are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. Add them to your smoothies or yogurt, or just pop back a handful as a midday snack.
9. Catch Up With Your Doc: Take one afternoon each year to visit your physician for an annual checkup. Your doctor has the ability to find potential problems you haven’t noticed, and provide tips specific to you, which can help you reach your fitness goals.
10. Stretch: The benefits of stretching for just 10 minutes each day are massive and numerous. From improving circulation and balance, to increasing your energy and decreasing your stress, stretching may be the single most overlooked activity you can do.
11. Soak Up The Sun: Every minute you spend in the sun is a minute you are increasing your vitamin-D levels. This serves to strengthen bones and fight off depression. Be happy. Go outside.
12. Keep A Journal: Setting goals and tracking progress is a preferred method of success for everything from staying healthy to landing your dream job. Keep good records of what you eat, when you exercise, and watch your habits change for the better.
Change starts with the desire to change.